Wednesday, March 24, 2010

yellow

I was recently profiled in our work newsletter and one of the questions was 'what colour do you choose to see if given the choice?' My answer was 'yellow because it's the colour of sunshine, lemon butter, duckings and Big Bird.' (Sadly all of my answers were about as ridiculous as this one.)

I'm ignoring the fact that our bedroom-to-be is still without floors, walls or ceilings (see previous post and note that since I wrote it there have been more delays. The floor should go down tomorrow and Saturday but frankly I'll believe it when I see it.) and thinking about what colour to paint it. If yellow makes me immediately think of sunshine, lemon butter, ducklings and Big Bird then frankly it would be lovely to wake up to.

The trick will be finding the right yellow. It can't be too cold and lemony because that would be insipid. And not too green. And not too bright either. I'd like a pale golden buttery yellow.

I've found a few pictures around the blogs for my inspiration board.

I love the bright buttery-ness of the yellow in this living space. Would a half strength version of this colour look good?
This lounge room is a beautiful yellow, a bit paler and more sophisticated.


And finally, doesn't yellow look good with white skirting boards?

(Images via Apartment Therapy and Desire To Inspire)

No comments:

Post a Comment