Thursday, October 14, 2010

more brick action

It is a confusing day when you get home from work and an entire doorway has moved during the day. Suddenly temporary kitchen #1 has been transformed into the bare bones of two rooms (a small bathroom and a laundry) and a hallway flanked by an enormous window.

This current laundry, where I am standing to take this next photograph, will soon be demolished and in its place the final kitchen will be built. Look at what a great job the enormous window does of filling the hallway with light.

Okay, I exaggerated the progress a little. The window isn't actually in the wall just yet. But I promise you when it is put in you will be amazed by the light it lets into the space.

In other news we've had the electrician and the plumber in the house over the last two days, as well as a tiler come and quote on the job. No photos of any of this because pictures of dirt and piping are not all that riveting.

4 comments:

  1. so much progress! didn't realise anything was being done in this section for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise anything was being done downstairs until it happened. I mean I knew there would be plumbing, but the big window was a shock! (A good shock though!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bumped into your post while looking for temporary kitchens for my company. Normally I would pass by but I just have to say how much I admire someone who can take on a project of this magnitude. It generally takes me a year to pluck up courage to change the wallpaper. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks loohire! I have to admit the magnitude of the project does grate at times but I think it will be worth it in the end!!

    ReplyDelete