Monday, September 27, 2010

to everybody who said 'oooh you have to keep the gorgeous old staircase'

Before:After two hours of applying coat after coat of paint stripper, scraping off layers and inhaling toxic fumes:
I estimate that it will take me 48 solid working hours and a lung transplant to finish the job. Keeping the gorgeous old staircase is no longer as appealing as it once was. It's mainly Slobodan's fault. Why he persisted in painting layer upon layer upon layer over everything in the house is a mystery to me.

1 comment:

  1. Ems I remember my dad doing this to our staircase years ago, and it being a nightmare with similar infinite layers of paint. Eventually he cracked it and left the stripper on for hours (perhaps overnight?). It bubbled amazingly and came off very easily after that. Maybe that might work? You'd have to keep a bit of an eye on it so maybe not overnight first off...

    ReplyDelete