Thursday, July 29, 2010

rumour has it

That there are secret readers of this blog who have commented to Rahul about the lack of recent posts. This is my fault for two reasons:
  1. I write the posts (or in this case don't write the posts) and

  2. I decided we should move the window in the bathroom (after our original DA was approved.)

The whole window move requires a new DA, at the cost of $1000, coupled with a new 'advertising period' and council approval process. It also has an annoying flow on effect in that we can't get our plans certified or get a construction certificate, which quite obviously means no construction.

Two things are evident when you look at the sketched plan I've posted here.

The first is that I clearly learned nothing during my year of studying architecture because the drawing is total crap and I can't even remember where the toilet goes.

The second is that moving the window was a good idea. In its original location it would have been right in the middle of the vanity, exactly where you'd expect a mirror to go, which is quite frankly weird. In its new location it's at the end of the bathtub which is infinitely better and I'm already looking forward to luxuriating in the tub whilst looking out the window at the sky.

While we've waited for the approval from council I've done my best to update the blog with pretty pictures of my decorative escapades, but I realise that this isn't quite as exciting (or macho!) as dramatic pictures of walls being torn down and depictions of us living in squalor. I promise that the furniture and curtain postings will soon draw to a close and we'll have some more excitement soon.

1 comment:

  1. LOL at the fired up hoardes of minusakitchen addicts who are complaining indirectly :)

    I too am addicted, and last week was dire without my hit. Just this time E, you are forgiven. That bathroom looks epic, so lovely. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete